Let’s take a look at each machine on its own, shall we?
Let’s start with the Juki 2010Q. In my experience of talking to other quilters, this is probably the most well-known. It features:
- 8.5” of throat space
- an LED light for seeing your work clearly
- an automatic thread cutter switch.
- Sews 1,500 stitches per minute.
- 9" of throat space
- a built-in lamp
- an automatic thread cutter switch
- boasts the same 1,500 stitches per minute that the Juki does.
- 9" of throat space
- a built-in lamp to see your work clearly
- an automatic thread cutter switch with the ability to hook up a thread cutter foot pedal
- includes a darning plate for a quick switch-over to free motion quilting
- an independent motor for bobbin winding
- an extra-high presser foot lift
- an amazing stitching speed of 1,600 stitches per minute!
Think of how quickly you’d be able to finish a quilt top! At that speed and the ability to free motion quilt on the Janome 1600P-QC, you can finish an entire quilt quicker than ever before! It's the perfect sewing companion for all quilters, professionals and hobbyists alike. The Janome 1600P-QC is also great for other projects that you want to be able to turn around quickly, such as bags and purses! It's the perfect sewing machine for any project you use a straight stitch for.
Carolyn Friedlander, designer of the fabric lines "Doe", "Carkai", and the upcoming "Euclid", has been using her Janome 1600P-QC straight stitch machine to create her pattern "Envelopes" as well as the sham covers titled "Hesperides". These patterns are available for sale on Carolyn's website.
Carolyn says: "I love that it's a work horse ready to tackle whatever I throw at it. Also, now that I've rigged up a foot-pedal-controlled thread cutter, I'm in heaven."
|Sunset Strip Quilt made with
One Room Schoolhouse Fabric
Brenda Ratliff, Pink Castle's own Queen and designer of the fabric lines "Pie Making Day" and "One Room Schoolhouse", also owns a Janome 1600P-QC. It's the only sewing machine she's been using, that's how much she loves it! Her latest projects include a Sunset Strips quilt made with her newest fabric line for Spring 2016 Quilt Market, as well as many other projects you can find on her blog, Just A Bit Frayed.
Brenda enthuses: "This sewing machine is my favorite! I've been able to cut my work time in half by using the 1600P-QC!"
The Janome 1600P-QC is available at Pink Castle Fabrics both online and in-shop. Stop on by during retail hours to take it for a test drive! If you have questions, comments, or concerns, e-mail Molly@PinkCastleFabrics.com.