There’s no surprise that the Janome HD3000 sewing machine is one of the most popular in their lineup! This heavy duty sewing machine is an all around workhorse with a reasonable price tag. And of course, it’s made with Janome quality and a 25 year warranty!
What’s in the Box?
The Janome HD3000 heavy duty sewing machine might be a budget friendly option but it still comes with enough presser feet to get you sewing right out of the box. Here’s a rundown of what you will expect in the box:
- HD3000 sewing machine
- HD3000 Manual/Instruction Book
- Zig Zag Foot (A)
- Transparent Button Hole Foot (B)
- Overedge Foot (C)
- 2mm Rolled Hem Foot (D)
- Zipper Foot (E)
- Blind Hem Foot (G)
- Quilting Bar (L)
- Automatic Button Hole Foot (R)
- 5 Janome Clear Bobbins
For replacement parts call us at 877-808-8695.
- Beginner Friendly – Easy to use! Perfect for the beginner sewist.
- Accessory Storage Built into the machine! Easy access to presser feet!
- Accurate stitch quality.
- Aluminum body (doesn’t jump around on table while sewing)
I was actually surprised at how lightweight the HD300 is when I took it out of the box. Even with the aluminum body and all metal interior, this machine still weighs under 20 lbs! I can easily move this around and it’s small enough that I could take this with me to a friend’s house to sew or a retreat.
There aren’t a lot of stitches on this machine and it isn’t computerized. If you like to use decorative stitches on borders of clothing or pouches this is lacking. For garment construction and piecing a quilt, this machine will work fine. I appreciate that there is a stretch stitch (#14) for sewing with knits!
For the price tag (right now it’s $429) this machine is a great value! It will last you a long time and really, it has everything you need for quilt piecing and basic garment construction. It is heavy duty so going through home decor materials and/or denims isn’t a problem. Compared to other machines in this price range (or lower) I found that this machine wasn’t as wobbly. It has a sturdy feel and is a great utility machine.
Who is this machine for?
- Beginners – EASY. There aren’t a lot of crazy computer screens or menus to have to learn. This would also be a great wedding gift for someone who is an occasional sewist.
- Quilters – The throat space on this machine is on the smaller size so it might be difficult to quilt a large project. However, for piecing this will work great!
- Garment Makers – This machine has all the stitches you need to sew some nice clothing. The button hole foot is easy to use and this machine has a stretch stitch for knits!
- Home Decor – The HD3000 will work well with home decor weight fabrics.
P.S. – Thanks for reading our Janome HD3000 review! Please give us a call 877-808-8695 with any questions!